Not all software un-installations do a complete job leaving behind numerous nagging file references in the Windows registry pointing to files that no longer exist. In time, you can end up with hundreds of these files that may slow down your computer and cause software to lock up, requiring a hard reboot of your computer.
Also, if you've moved your programs from one drive to another, you can break the file links that a program needs. Registry First Aid will find these files and folders that you've moved on your hard drive and help you correct the registry entries that point to them.
Here are just some of the great features of Registry First Aid:
- Easy to use step by step Wizard type interface.
- Registry First Aid scans registry for orphan file/folder references.
- Quickly finds these files or folders on your drives (if they're moved from initial locations).
- Corrects registry entries to the located objects.
- If your registry still retains links to files of deleted applications, Registry First Aid will find these invalid entries and help you to easily remove them.
- How to use Reg1Aid: Do all of the above and more using these 5 simple steps.
- Scan the registry for invalid or bad entries.
- Scan the hard drive(s) for the missing files.
- Select the fix for your invalid registry entries.
- Save a backup file of your registry.
- Fix the registry!
- fixed bug: on some computers RFA raised error when compressing the registry;
- fixed bug: last registry scan date was not remembered if no search for correction was done;
+ setup will now detect previous major version installed and ask if user wants to uninstall it;
- fixed bug: "Restore from .reg files" window did not load it's size and position from common settings;
- fixed bug: "Legend" window did incorrectly show "search" image at the "safe" risk level item;
- fixed bug: Platinum features were not shown in registered standard version and cannot be enabled from the Advanced Settings;
- fixed bug: RFA did not update window caption after changing interface language;
- fixed some inteface font problems under 120 dpi screen resolution (large fonts);
+ decreased size of RFA installation file;
+ Registry Search feature now has list of excluded registry keys under the Advanced Settings;
+ Excluded Registry Keys settings now have new selection list for excluded categories - with pictures;
* some language translations are updated;
* some help topics are updated;
* Legend window is now more clear - it draws error category items in bold.